- be a first-time college student OR transfer student currently enrolled in EOP, HEOP, SEEK or College Discovery
- be a New York State Resident or Permanent Resident for 12 months prior to enrollment
- Reside in New York State
- Possess a high school diploma or the equivalent (e.g., GED)
- Meet the economic guidelines determined by the State of New York (see table on this page)
- Those unable to apply to and/or be admitted to New York colleges via traditional admissions processes
U.S. citizenship is not required; students may be eligible under the New York Dream Act. Students must meet academic guidelines as reviewed by the individual college/school, AND the income and New York State residency requirements.