Student Employment and Co-Funding
OADI Student Employment Opportunities
OADI funds and administers an extensive student employment program for Federal Work-Study eligible students, providing opportunities to gain employment and skills in administrative and academic arenas. Students who complete the application process will be able to view and apply for positions posted with OADI.
For more information about Federal Work-Study in general, visit the Student Employment Services’ website.
For more information on career development, visit the Cornell Career Services Office.
For Academic Year 2021-2022 - OADI has moved the employment processes into Handshake.
Employers will receive referrals for potential employees and will be expected to interview candidates and make decisions.
Note, before a student may begin work, the department MUST receive notification from the University Business Service Center (UBSC) that the student has been appointed. Failure to wait for notification will result in student hours not being paid.
1. Log into Canvas and enroll in the OADI Employment course.
2. Following enrollment in the course, select the "Employment Orientation" module to view the course.
3. Complete the course information including the final quiz to be eligible to apply for OADI sponsored positions.
4. After successful completion of the quiz, students will be coded within 3 business days in Handshake to have access to apply for positions.
5. ALL STUDENTS, whether looking for new employment or returning to a former position, must complete the Canvas course yearly to be eligible for new positions or be re-appointed to a former position.
6. After a successful interview process, the University Business Service Center (UBSC) will send notifications to both the student and the employer of the appointment date and when the student may begin work. Please note, you may not begin work before you have officially been appointed and notified by the UBSC.
Any questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***It should be noted that even if an employer or student is interested in being rehired into a previous position, the student MUST complete the Canvas course and apply for the position in Handshake before they will be eligible for employment.