P3 Member Programs
P3 sponsors winter and summer programs for its members. Participation is not guaranteed; students must apply and be accepted into the following programs:
- Cornell Defender Program (CDP). CDP is a 10-week summer program for students interested in exploring family and criminal law. The program includes an intensive two-week on-campus training, followed by an 8-week internship with a local public defender in the Central New York region.
- Cornell Legal Clinics. This seven-week summer experience in Ithaca, NY is for students interested in exploring the legal field. Students will be matched to a clinical program and develop skills that are crucial to the practice of law under the supervision and mentorship of an experienced faculty.
- P3’s Cornell Vet School Summer Program. This 8-week on-campus summer program provides students interested in basic science or medical research an opportunity to conduct research with a Cornell Vet School faculty member.
- Weill Ithaca Shadow Program. During this week-long winter experience, selected students will have the opportunity to accompany a practicing physician during their workday at Weill Cornell Medical College or Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City. Students gain greater insights into the larger scope of medicine and practice, as well as exposure to a wide array of specialties and expertise of practice areas offered.
- Weill Ithaca Summer Experience in Research (WISER). WISER is a six-week summer research program at Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC) in New York City. The program is geared towards students interested in basic science, medical or health disparities research and provides them with an opportunity to conduct biomedical research with WCMC faculty.