Who is Eligible to Participate?
An applicant for the McNair Program must either be a:
- first-generation college student with demonstrated high financial need, or
- member of an underrepresented group, which has traditionally been underrepresented at the graduate level (African American, Latino American, Native American).
The Applicant must also:
- be highly motivated, dedicated towards gaining a Ph.D. and teaching at the university level,
- have achieved sophomores class standing,
- be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States,
- have a minimum overall grade point average of 2.75 or better.
To learn more about McNair, please attend one of the following informational sessions:
- Fall info Session #1 - Wednesday, September 6th 5:00 - 6:00 pm in the OADI Lounge (200 CCC);
- Fall info Session #2 - Thursday, September 28th - 6:30 - 7:30 pm in the OADI Lounge (200 CCC).
To complete an application, please click here.
The application deadline is Friday, October 6th, 2017 at 5:00pm. Early applications are encouraged.
Important dates to remember include:
- application review and interview process: October
- notification of acceptance: November
- scholar induction ceremony: Saturday, April 14th, 2018.
If you are a recommendation writer, please click here.